Speech & Debate
Why Speech and Debate?
Discover how to change the hearts and minds as part of our Northgate Speech and Debate Team!
- Improve public speaking and research skills.
- Develop critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Compete in tournaments with other schools.
- Start building your college resume
Who Can Join?
YOU! You can join speech and debate!
Advocates looking to share their message.
Intellectuals seeking a work out for the brain.
Performers looking to entertain.
No experience is required, but:
- Students need to maintain grades at or above the proficient level in each class.
- An average of 2.5 or greater.
- Students are expected to attend after school practices and tournaments.
Practices will focus on finding the event(s) that suit your interests, team building, learning to research, constructing arguments, and building confidence speaking in front of your peers.
Coaches Contact Information
Speech and Debate - Head Coach: Kimberly Wilkie
Asst. Coaches: Randall Wrisinger